CALLING ALL TALENTED DOGS!
Valley Youth Theatre is holding Dog Auditions for the role of Toto.
(Phoenix, Arizona) Valley Youth Theatre (VYT) is having dog auditions for the role of Toto this Saturday, May 13th at 10am. This is for its upcoming production of The Wizard of Oz which will be presented live at the Herberger Theater Center June 9, 2017 thru June 25, 2017.
A little known, fun fact about this cute role, in VYT’s 2005 production of The Wizard of Oz, Emma Stone’s dog, Jacklynn Marie, was cast as Toto.
Auditions will take place on Saturday, May 13, 2017 at Valley Youth Theatre located at 525 North First Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85004. This is a no fee, open audition and registration will begin at 9:30am. Those participating must register before 10am.
Only public parking is available so please plan accordingly.
For more information call the Valley Youth Theatre Box Office Monday to Friday at 602.253.8188 or visit www.vyt.com.
What I need to be prepared for auditions:
- Audition Form ( please download and fill out form completely and bring with you to auditions)
- Photo of your dog (does not need to be a professional photo)
In order for this to be a fun and productive event, we have a few rules. By attending the Valley Youth Theatre dog auditions on Saturday May 13, 2017, you agree to the following rules and take full legal responsibility for your pet and its actions.
- All dogs attending Valley Youth Theatre Dog Auditions must be on a leash or in a carrier at all times.
- Dogs on leashes and must be under the control of their owner at all times unless asked to perform otherwise by a VYT staff member.
- The temperature in Phoenix is HOT, be prepared with water and a way for you dog to drink it.
- Do not leave your pet unattended at any time.
- Be prepared to clean up any mess your dog might make.
- For health reasons, all dogs attending VYT auditions must have their up-to-date shots.
- Disruptive or aggressive dogs may be asked to leave.
- Please follow the rules and have fun!
Valley Youth Theatre (VYT), its board members, its staff and volunteers are in no way responsible for the behavior of any dog or its owner who choose to attend VYT’s open call dog auditions on Saturday, May 13, 2017.